Gladiators used wooden swords for training, but if a gladiator survived the arena and lived long enough to retire, he would be awarded a wooden gladius as a token of freedom. Our Wooden Training Gladius harkens back to this tradition. This wooden gladius is a great piece for honing your own gladiatorial skills. It is completely made of wood with a contrast finish decorating its pommel and guard. The grip is contoured for an authentic look and better hold. A fantastic alternative to a real sword, this wooden practice weapon is great for light training or circumstances where a real steel weapon is not needed.
- Great for light practicing and training
- Features contrast finish on pommel and guard
- A nice alternative to a real sword for kids
- Economical and safe
- Made of solid Ash wood
- Overall Length: 27 Inches
- Blade Length: 20 Inches
- Blade Width: 1.75 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.625 Inch
- Weight: 0.75 lb.