Few things are as undeniably Viking as borre knotwork and drinking horns. The Shield Knot Drinking Horn perfectly combines both of these Norse aspects to bring you a Viking horn that would make even the All-Father proud. This functional Viking cup is crafted from a natural bull horn. Its surface has been hand-etched with a quaternary Viking shield knot. The Shield Knot Drinking Horn is the perfect piece of Viking drinkware to make any feast or medieval dinner a truly legendary event.
Please note that, because this horn is natural, yours may vary in color and size from what is shown here. The stand shown is not included.
- Features a Viking shield knot carving
- Can be used for drinking
- Perfect for Viking feasts or medieval dinners
- Made from natural horn
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.
There are no reviews yet.