Few things are as undeniably Viking as borre knotwork and drinking horns. The Shield Knot Drinking Horn with Stand perfectly combines both of these Norse aspects to bring you a Viking horn that would make even the All-Father proud. This functional Viking cup is crafted from a natural bull horn. Its surface has been hand-etched with a quaternary Viking shield knot. This natural drinking horn also comes with a metal stand so that it can be proudly displayed when not in use. The Shield Knot Drinking Horn with Stand is the perfect piece of Viking drinkware to make any feast or medieval dinner a truly legendary event.
Please note that, because this horn is natural, yours may vary in color and size from what is shown here.
- Features a Viking shield knot carving
- Can be used for drinking
- Includes a stand for easy display
- Perfect for Viking feasts or medieval dinners
- Made from natural horn
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.
- Length: 11-12 Inches
- Capacity: 9-10 Ounces
Measurements are approximate. This horn is a natural product and its shape and size will vary.