A Scottish tradition, the original sgian dubhs were frequently worn under the shirt close to the armpit. Now it is traditional for the Sgian Dubh to be worn in the stocking of the Highlander, and the knife is frequently called a stocking dirk. The term Sgian Dubh itself actually means black handled knife. Our Sgian Dubh is made of high carbon steel and has a black wooden handle. Carvings decorate one side of the wood while the other is smooth. Embossed nickel silver fittings, featuring a thistle motif and a crown, frame the wood. A matching sheath is included for easy carrying and storage. For Highlander reenactors and those interested in historical Scottish culture, this high quality sgian dubh is a must-have.
- Fully functional
- Has an unsharpened edge
- Handle features cross-hatched carvings on one side
- Silver fittings feature thistles and crown
- Includes matching scabbard
- Fantastic collectible or personal defense weapon
- Great for reenactors or Scottish history enthusiasts
- Blade is made of 1055 high carbon steel
- Handle is made of wood with nickel silver fittings
- Overall Length: 6.56 Inches
- Blade Length: 3.25 Inches
- Blade Width: 1.75 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.18 Inch
- Weight: 2 oz.