Called upon to defend your realm, you place the Richard Blackened Chainmail Coif over your padded arming cap and prepare for the battle of your life. This steel chainmail coif has been chemically treated for its darkened look. This treatment also helps protect the armour from rusting, though occasional oiling is required to maintain its quality. Covering the head, neck, and shoulders, the butted steel rings that make up this chainmail coif are woven together in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. A wide opening at the front leaves the face uncovered for unobstructed vision and ventilation. Whether worn as the top piece of your armour costume or underneath a helmet, this blackened steel coif adds a comprehensive coverage to your medieval outfit and an additional level of head protection to LARP ensembles.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Coif covers head, neck, shoulders, and sides of face
- Has a 9mm inner ring diameter
- Butted rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Acidic treatment guards against rust and creates coloration
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded arming cap
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 14 gauge mild steel
- This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour
- When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil