The Merc Cuirass is a unique creation combining leather and steel. The main portion of the breastplate is made of 18 gauge steel and has a nice shiny, polished finish. It has rolled edges for increased safety. The shoulder area of the breastplate and the entire backplate are made up of 7-8 ounce medium weight leather.
Together, the breastplate and brown backplate form the cuirass. The cuirass is available in two sizes. The brown straps that connect the breastplate to the backplate make the cuirass even more adjustable.
There are small steel pegs along the fauld of the breastplate. These are intended for attaching the matching Merc Tassets, which are sold separately.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the complete look with our Complete Merc Armour Package (MCI-2631-Bundle), which includes the Merc Steel Cuirass alongside the other pieces of this armour set.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Comes in two sizes
- Handmade and skillfully welded for increased durability
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Customized fit with adjustable buckle straps
- Perfect for LARP and other roleplay events
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use Leather care products for the fittings.