A modern interpretation of the 17th century English mortuary hilt sword, the Man at Arms English Backsword is fast and lively in the hand and a sheer delight to use for training. The single-handed sword feels nimble and strong. Able to land a decisive blow even when cutting fast from the wrist, the functional sword is crafted from 1055 high carbon steel with a mild patina for an antiqued finish. An elegant basket hilt ensures that the historical sword stands out in any collection. The mortuary sword is fully sharpened and comes with an ornate black leather scabbard with steel fittings. This high carbon steel blade makes an excellent Renaissance weapon for HEMA practitioners and historical re-enactors.
- Inspired by 17th century weapons
- Features antiqued patina
- Has elegant mortuary hilt
- Ideal for collectors and warriors
- Comes with leather scabbard
- Blade is made of 1055 high carbon steel
- Overall Length: 38.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 32 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 6 mm
- Handle Length: 6.5 Inches
- Weight: 47.2 oz.