Keeping yourself safe in Medieval times was a full-time job, especially for anyone who didn’t have the deep pockets of a knight or liege lord backing them up! This led to the development of a number of new armor making techniques that relied less on carefully forged iron or steel and more on leather and other types of materials that were cheaper and easier to procure. Our leather Coat of Plates represents this Medieval armor trend perfectly. Constructed of dozens of rectangular 8/9 ounce leather plates riveted in vertical rows securely to a flexible suede base, this Coat of Plates provides exceptional mobility while still providing moderate defense against blows. Painstakingly handcrafted and available in a variety of color choices, this attractive and affordable armor is ideal costume parties, theatrical productions, LARP events, and even SCA fights when combined with additional armor pieces. With three buckled sizing straps on each side, this 31-inch long Leather Coat of Plates can accommodate chest sizes from 36 to 52 inches.
Available in different color combinations, when ordering, the first color listed is for the color of the suede backing and the second color is for the rectangular leather plates. All options come with silver hardware except the brown with brown, this comes with antique brass hardware.
- Hand crafted in the USA, here in our shop
- Made from high quality 8/9 ounce leather plates
- Suede base is flexible and comfortable to wear
- Durably constructed with steel or brass hardware
- Available in a variety of color combinations
- Looks great with LARP, Fantasy, and Medieval styles
- Buckled straps on the sides for a custom fit