Inspired by the Rus pants of the Eastern Vikings, the Ketill Canvas Pants come in a pattern that allows excellent freedom of movement. These baggy trousers fit loosely around the waist and upper leg before snugging tightly around the calf. The medieval pants tie at the waistband and just below the knee. The hip of the Viking trousers is very wide, allowing you to tighten the fit according to your preference. These extraordinarily comfortable historical pants work great for re-enactments and the Renaissance fair, showing off an authentic period look.
During the Viking age, some Vikings journeyed to lands that later became known as Russia. Vikings adopted many local customs of the Rus people, including their distinctive loose pants, which used as much as 50 yards of fabric to create their baggy design, according to some accounts.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Available in black and brown
- Features fitted calves
- Ties at waist and below knee
- Ideal medieval or Viking apparel
- Made from 100 percent cotton
- Handwashing this item is recommended. Do not dry in the dryer. Do not bleach. Item may be ironed on a low setting.