Dressed in your finest armour with your most loyal soldiers by your side, you parade the streets in display of your victory. The closely woven rings of your John Steel Chainmail Hauberk seem to glint triumphantly in the sunlight. Made of steel rings, this tunic-length hauberk features a traditional 4-in-1 weave. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. This hauberk has sleeves that fall two thirds of the way down the arm. Also, the hauberk ends about mid-thigh on most wearers. Zinc galvanization grants this armour piece its silver tone while protecting it from rust. The rings are butted together throughout, then reinforced with riveting at the arm pits. Wear this chainmail hauberk over a padded gambeson to get the look shown along with superior safety and comfort. Adding a belt at the waist, as pictured, will also help distribute the weight of the armour piece. An essential asset to any heavily armoured knightly looks, the John Steel Chainmail Hauberk is ideal for medieval or fantasy LARP and costume use.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Hauberk features 2/3 length sleeve construction
- Length falls to about mid-thigh on most wearers
- Features 9 mm inner diameter rings
- Rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Galvanized with zinc for rust protection
- Wear over a padded gambeson for comfort and safety
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 18 gauge mild steel
- Has a protective zinc finish
- Chest: 35.4-49.2 Inches
- Length: 33.5 Inches
Measurements are approximate.