Create a suit of armour befitting a German knight from the 15th century by including the Gothic Sallet Helmet. The descendent of the Italian bascinet, this war helmet became the preferred choice of armour for over a hundred years. Inspired by the classic gothic style, the sallet features fluting and ridge work that enhances the look and strength of the armour. A rounded top with raised centerline further increases the defensive power. The bellows visor swivels up and down for easy adjustment, and possesses cutouts for ventilation. Metal lames form a lobster neck-plate in the back. Foam padding lines the interior, while an adjustable buckle strap secures the helmet at the chin. A polished steel finish creates the knight in shining armour look.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Features a swiveling bellows visor
- Completely padded and lined
- Fitted with an adjustable chin strap
- Perfect for LARP and other roleplay events
- Made from 19 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use leather-care products for the fittings.