This knife was originally made for one thing, and one thing only and that was to kill. The Fairbairn-Sykes Commando Knife is patterned after the original F-S Fighting Knife that was preferred by both British and American soldiers during World War II. This knife is relatively simple in construction and was the collaboration of William Ewart Fairbairn and Eric Anthony Sykes, who had attempted to build an ideal fighting knife for close quarters combat during their time together in Shanghai. This modern reproduction closely mirrors their original design, possessing a thin yet effective spear-point blade that delivers wicked and lethal stabs, but can also work as a slashing weapon when the edges are sharpened to regulation. The blade is hand forged from high carbon blued steel and heat tempered for strength, while the metal hilt is ferruled for a solid grip and fitted to the hand for a nice hold. This knife comes with a top-grain leather sheath that features a blued steel tip, as well as two belt-loops for wearing the knife horizontally and 4 sew tabs for fastening the sheath to your uniform or bag. The knife has an overall length of 11.375 inches, while the blade measures approximately 6.75 inches. In many ways, this Fairbairn-Sykes Commando Knife is a near-perfect replication of the original F-S fighting knife, featuring a lethal blade and a small size that makes it perfect for close-quarters combat, and when you are not carrying it for self-defense, it is also a great little utility dagger as well as a classic collectible.
- Crafted by Windlass Steelcrafts
- Modeled After the F-S Fighting Knife
- Knife is All Black For a Great Tactical Look
- Metal Handle Provides a Solid and Secure Grip
- Includes a Leather Sheath With Belt Loops Sew Tabs, and a Retention Strap
- Blade is Heat Tempered and Hand Forged from High Carbon Steel
- Blade Length: 6.75 Inches
- Overall Length: 11.375 Inches
- Overall Weight: Just over 11 oz.