Your ruler has tasked with an important quest. You do not fear the enemy attacking you as you wear the Ashen Epic Shieldmaiden Pauldrons. Made from 9-10-ounce leather, these Valkyrie pauldrons come as a pair. They are available in two sizes.
This Viking armour secures to the wearers arms with straps and attaches with ties to other pieces of armour or harnesses, not included. For example, they will look great with the Ashen Epic Shieldmaiden Cuirass (RT-524), sold separately.
These black leather pauldrons feature a two-piece design. On both pieces of each pauldron, there is an intricate knotwork design. Ashen-grey highlighting adorns the knotwork pattern. The top piece folds over to form an end cap to protect the shoulder. The sides of the end cap form a curved point in the middle. The bottom piece of each pauldron has the same shape to its bottom edge.
Rivets secure the folded section in place as well as secure the pieces together and to the strap. Wear the shieldmaiden pauldrons to your next LARP battle or at a cosplay convention. They truly suit a fierce warrior maiden.
Shieldmaidens and Valkyries
The mythical idea of the shieldmaiden, or female warrior, may have given rise to the idea of the Valkyrie, often known as a beautiful warrior woman who brings the souls of fallen warriors into Valhalla. They feature in various places in the Eddas and sagas.
One of the most famous Valkyries was Brunhild, renamed as such in Wagners Ring Cycle opera. Historical evidence for the existence of shieldmaidens is minimal.
As this item is made from natural materials, its appearance may vary slightly from what is shown.
- Comes in two sizes
- Secures with straps and ties
- Features a knotwork design
- Has ashen grey highlighting
- Great for LARPing or cosplaying
- Made from 9-10-ounce leather
- Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.