Grasping your weapon, you feel the Ashen Epic Shieldmaiden Bracers protecting your forearms from any possible attack by the enemy. These black Viking bracers come as a pair in a single size. They secure to the arms with leather lacing.
The bracers have curved top and bottom edges. The curves near the elbows sit closer to the sides, creating an asymmetrical look. Each bracer has an 8-9-ounce leather base with a 5-6-ounce leather panel stitched onto the center. Embossed knotwork runs along these central panels. An ashen grey highlighting adorns the knotwork.
On the sides, there are additional 5-6-ounce leather sections that feature the holes for the lacing. Rivets and stitching secure these sections to each Valkyrie bracer. Wear this Viking armour into your next LARP battle, cosplay convention, or stage production .They truly suit a fierce warrior maiden.
Shieldmaidens and Valkyries
The mythical idea of the shieldmaiden, or female warrior, may have given rise to the idea of the Valkyrie, often known as a beautiful warrior woman who brings the souls of fallen warriors into Valhalla. They feature in various places in the Eddas and sagas.
One of the most famous Valkyries was Brunhild, renamed as such in Wagners Ring Cycle opera. Historical evidence for the existence of shieldmaidens is minimal.
As this item is made from natural materials, its appearance may vary slightly from what is shown.
- Sold as a pair
- Secures with lacing
- Features an embossed design
- Has ashen grey highlighting
- Wonderful for LARPing and cosplaying
- Made from 9-10-ounce leather
- Lace sections are 5-6 ounce leather
- Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.