From beginners to masters, the Competition Federschwert provides a light, fast, and safe longsword for all your sparring needs. Thanks to feedback from HEMA practitioners, this awesome sword gives function to traditional style! Crafted from 9260 spring steel, a safe thrust is ensured by making the last third of the blade flexible while the rest of the sword remains stiff for a proper bind. The tip is slightly flared in thickness for an added degree of safety, making the sword ideal for full speed combat in a secure environment. A ramped thumb guard has been included for easy guard transitions whether you are wearing protected gloves or not. The pommel is indexed to the flat of the blade to easily distinguish the proper edge alignment with the rearward hand. With a strong wooden core, the grip is well-rounded and tightly bound with an overwrap of cord, providing a comfortable way to handle this training sword. Whether you train with a group or in solitude, the Competition Federschwert is an excellent choice to add to your training repertoire!
- Ideal for all practitioners
- Designed to meet HEMA longsword sparring standards
- Perfect for safe full-speed combat
- Ramped thumb guard for easy transitioning
- Indexed pommel for easy handling
- Comfortable, easy-to-grip handle
- Blade crafted from 9260 spring steel
- Handle constructed from wood
- Handle wrapped in cord
- Overall Length: 51.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 38.25 Inches
- Handle Length: 11 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs. 1 oz.
- Point of Balance: 3 Inches at hilt
Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.