The Boar Spear is a modern recreation of a design that dates back to the European Renaissance. It is cold forged out of high-carbon SK-5 steel and, like Cold Steels other spears, is heat treated to a spring temper. The Boar Spear shaft is made of extra stout premium ash wood. Cold forged, this spear is a great quality item for a reasonable price, especially when you consider that this spear is not some display model that is fit only for decoration. No, this spear is functional from the point down to the ground. The stave is quality American Ash wood with a beautiful stain applied to add character to the spear as a whole, and the blade is carbon steel and perfect for use as a throwing or thrusting weapon. If you find yourself needing a new spearhead after multiple battles, you can replace it with the Boar Spear Head (BK-NU95BOAWS), sold separately.
Please be aware that this item comes in two pieces. Assembly required.
- Weapon is functional for combat and reenactment
- Draws inspiration from European Renaissance designs
- Quality wood handle has stylish dark finish
- Includes Secure-Ex sheath
- Spear head made of high-carbon SK-5 steel
- Shaft made of premium ash wood
- Blade Length: 18.5 Inch Spear Head
- Blade Thickness: 2.5 millimeters
- Shaft Length: 71 Inches
- Overall Shaft Width: 1.5 Inches
- Overall Spear Length: 82.125 Inches
- Overall Weight (Spearhead): 20 ounces
- Overall Weight (Total): 68 ounces
There are no reviews yet.