Any cunning soldier should know to be wary of attacks to the back. Protect yourself from an enemy attack by wearing the Balthasar Steel Backplate. Made from 18 gauge mild steel, this armour plate is best worn with a breastplate like the Balthasar Steel Breastplate (MY101302), sold separately. It secures to other pieces of armour with straps at the shoulders and sides. Next, the armour has a riveted design. The design has multiple segments. For example, two of the segments form an inverted scallop along the center of the chest with a point in the middle. In addition, two other pieces form faulds. They are hinged, allowing for greater flexibility. The faulds also have the inverted scallop edging. Finally, the backplate fits most comfortably over a gambeson or other bit of padded clothing. This backplate makes a great addition to your LARP outfit or cosplay ensemble. You can also wear it to a Renaissance faire or in a theatrical production.
- Designed to work best with a breastplate, not included
- Secures with straps
- Inverted scalloped edging
- Has hinged faulds for greater flexibility
- Great for LARP or cosplay events
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use Leather care products for the fittings.
- Overall Length: 27.8 Inches
- Overall Width: 21.5 Inches
- Neck Width: 11 Inches
- Weight: 10 Pounds
Measurements are approximate.