From approximately 600 AD and into the Viking Age, open ring brooches such as the Angus Penannular Small Cloak Pin were the chosen clothing fasteners of both Celtic men and women. Style and material even denoted ones social status. This beautiful penannular brooch is hand-forged from wrought iron. Artful twists form the open ring ending in outward turning scrollwork at the terminals. The rotating needlepoint pin sits on top of the ring, allowing you to secure your shawl, cloak, or great kilt. Its small diameter is perfect for cotton, thin linen, and other lighter fabrics.
Please note that this is a handmade product, so minor variations in color and texture may exist.
- Ornate twists create a look that is unique and authentic
- Consists of an open ring with rotating needle point
- Great accessory for a wide variety of historical personas
- Secures capes, cloaks, shawls, kilts, and other garments
- Hand-forged from wrought iron
- Diameter: 2.6 Inches
Measurements are approximate.
There are no reviews yet.