Although its prevalence in medieval art testifies to its popularity, very few original falchions still exist. This rarity of surviving specimens may be more proof of its popularity. Most of the falchions were used up in battle! Although the double-edged sword gets most of the press, the single-edged falchion was favored by a great many knights and men at arms. The wide cutting blade was quite effective against mail (although armor was being improved by the addition of plates, only the very wealthy could afford it). Although the falchion was intended primarily to be a cutting weapon, the development of the point was not ignored. This example has a very strong point that would penetrate mail with the hard thrust or stab. A well-designed fighting weapon. The blade is tempered high carbon steel, the guard and pommel are both steel, and the grip is wood covered with leather. It comes complete with a leather scabbard.
Made by Windlass.
- Blade style is meant for cutting
- Leather scabbard included
- Great for Re-enacting and Collecting
- A functional sword - battle ready
- Overall Length: 34 Inches
- Blade Length: 28 Inches
- Blade Width: 1.75 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 3/16 an Inch
- Weight: 3 lbs.
first to write a review.
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 1 year return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges