Learn the principals of knife fighting in The Warriors Edge DVD set, Lynn C Thompsons first instructional DVD series combining years of experience in a multitude of fighting styles as well as his own methods and techniques. These three DVDs cover an expansive range of information compiling studies in western fencing, Filipino martial arts, Japanese Ken Jitsu, Lameco Escrima, and even western boxing. The result of this effort is a knife fighting method which stresses the avoidance of close range in favor of long range techniques aided by footwork, rhythm, timing, speed and superior tactics and strategy. With this set of three DVDs, you can study and train in the comfort and convenience of your own home.
THE WARRIORS EDGE DISC CONTENTS
Disc One: 1 hour 52 minutes
- Volume 1, Introduction to Long Range Knife Fighting. Subjects covered will be three ranges of knife fighting and the types of knives you may encounter as well as demonstrations of their cutting and piercing power. Other topics include how knives may be concealed, how to make a Cold Steel style training knife, why your knife must be strong and sharp, and how to grip the fighting knife.
- Volume 2, On Guard Stance & Footwork. This tape teaches the clock concept, our basic on guard stance, common mistakes made in assuming the fighting stance, and footwork, including forward, backward, lateral, diagonal, and circular movement as well as the replacement step, lunge, and leaping attack.
Disc Two: 3 hours 18 minutes
- Volume 3, Thrusts & Slashes. How to use the point of your fighting knife to execute the rake, speed jab, power stab, and thrust as well as elliptical and circular stabbing methods. Also taught on this volume will be how to use the edge of your knife to slash, cut, chop, hack, snap, and vertically whip as well as the 12 angles of attack.
- Volume 4, Defense. How to use defensive footwork, defend against attacks on your knife hand, evasion patterns and techniques, parrying, stop-hitting, counter slashing, stabbing, and blocking with your knife edge. Also taught will be the use of the empty hand to stop-hit, beat, parry, block, tap, and chop with, and the concept of Mai, or judging how distance will be covered.
Disc Three: 1 hour 55 minutes
- Volume 5, Offense. How to recognize and exploit the 21 common openings or weaknesses in your opponents defense. The five principles in creating openings and the 11 pillars of strategy.
- Volume 6, Training Drills and Sparring. How to perform training drills that will develop the skills and attributes you need before proceeding to spar. Also actual sparring instruction and demonstrations.