The axe was a popular weapon during medieval times for a variety of reasons, the least of which was ease of construction. The Vikings, in particular, had a love for the axe, and one of their typical weapons is recreated here in this Viking Field Axe. The axe features a rounded, oval-shaped hardwood handle that is designed to prevent the axe head from slipping or sliding down the handle or flying off the haft. The axe head possesses a subtle, bearded shape that provides a large cutting edge that is perfect for sinking deep into targets. The axe measures approximately 32 inches long from end to end, and the axe blade, or bit, measures approximately 8.5 inches. Please note that any weapon designed for combat should be handled with care. Due to its design, this axe is an effective weapon for use in training and reenactment. Its historic design also makes the Viking Field Axe a great piece to display in your mead hall.
- A Fully Functional Viking Axe
- Axe Head Is Highly Polished Steel
- Possesses a Subtle Beaded Blade
- Utilizes a Special Handle Design that Minimizes Axe Head Slippage
- Well-suited for use as a weapon
- Great for Use and For Display
- Blade Length: 8.5 Inches
- Overall Length: 32 Inches
- Overall Weight: 2.5 lbs.