The dragonfly symbolizes courage, strength, and happiness to the Japanese, making them popular in artistic designs. This Tonbo Katana adopts many dragonflies into its beautiful design. The blade of the Tonbo katana is hand-forged and folded from powder steel, with a medium-length (chu) kissaki. The saya is a deep black lacquer featuring golden dragonflies. High quality ray skin (same) is used on the tsuka. The tsuka-ito is made of premium purple Japanese cotton. The tsuba is crafted in black iron, with detailing in gold and bronze and an exquisite dragonfly scene decoration. The silk sageo compliments this piece and is elegantly woven in dark blue and black. The fuchi and kashira are black and with bronze and brass detailing, and the kojiri, koiguchi and kurikata are of polished buffalo horn. The habaki is a one-piece brass construction.
- Features gorgeous dragonfly designs and traditional construction
- Includes hand forged and folded steel blade and silk sageo
- Made by Hanwei.
- Blade is hand forged and folded high carbon steel
- Blade Length: 28 Inches
- Handle Length: 12.5 Inches
- Overall Length: 42.125 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 5 oz.
- Point of Balance: 4.625 Inches
- Sori: 1 Inch
- Specs will differ slightly from piece to piece.