Many kings have coins minted in their likeness, and the ruler of Pyke, in the Iron Islands, is no different. This Silver Kraken of Balon Greyjoy emulates the stag of Westeros but with a more sea-born style that befits the Ironborn men of the isles. True to the name, the coin depicts Balon Greyjoy wielding an axe and holding a pearl on the obverse, while displaying the sigil of House Greyjoy, the Kraken, on the reverse. The coin is struck, just as coins in the old world were made, and is struck from .999 fine silver. It is also a fully licensed coin by George R. R. Martin for his novel series, A Song of Ice and Fire. Stunning in detail, this Silver Kraken of Balon Greyjoy blends historic authenticity with fantasy to make a coin that collectors and novel enthusiasts alike will love.
Please note that because the coins are struck, they may vary, slightly, from what is shown above.
- Authentically struck, like the coins of old
- Made using .999 pure fine silver
- Medallic – coin features two distinctive sides
- Front features Balon Greyjoy, holding an axe and a pearl
- Back features the sigil of House Greyjoy, the Kraken
- Officially licensed by George R. R. Martin
- Diameter: 21mm
- Weight: about 3.2 grams