The crashing of waves, the roar of cannons, the shout of rogues through the foreboding mist – the Scottish Cutlass cannot help but unleash adventurous images. Scottish born Capt. William Kidd would certainly have favored this sword. As seen in period art, the Scottish basket hilt was at times married to a cutlass blade. This one has a double edge for the first 9 inches of the blade. The basket itself historically provided excellent hand protection and could even deliver a hard blow in the crowded melee that often ensued on board ships.
- Inspired by the Scottish pirate William Kidd
- Features a Scottish basket hilt and cutlass blade
- First 9 inches of the blade are double edged
- Handle is wrapped in black leather for comfortable hold
- Includes dark green scabbard
- Great for reenacting and collecting
- A functional sword – battle ready
- Made from 1065 high carbon steel
- Grip is wrapped in leather
- Scabbard covered in leather with steel fittings
- Overall Length: 31.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 25 Inches
- Blade Width: 2.125 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.18 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs. 4 oz.