Modeled after the military issue blade that served Russian armed forces well into the mid-20th century, this Russian Kindjal is an effective combat blade that takes all the finer points of a saber and shrinks them down into a more manageable blade. The kindjal is a close-quarters combat weapon, similar to saber in many ways. It has a curved blade designed for delivering effective slashes, while the tapered point will continually deliver a devastating thrust as well. The prime difference comes in size, as the kindjal is shorter and broader, intended to deliver a heavier cut even at close quarters. The blade is made from high carbon steel and features a factory edge, although it can be sharpened later to make it into a useful cutting blade. It can also be left unsharpened as a training weapon or a reenactment blade. It also features a hardwood grip and full tang construction for increased strength. Included with the kindjal is a scabbard for storing the blade safely and securely. The Russian Kindjal is a great short blade to carry and use when you are looking for a short sword that features both speed and strength, and it makes a great display piece as well.
- Fully functional
- Inspired by a historic Russian military weapon
- Hand forged blade has a full tang construction
- Comes with a factory edge that can be further honed later)
- Grip is easy and comfortable to hold
- Includes a scabbard for storing
- Blade made of high carbon steel
- Grip is made of hardwood
- Blade Length: 17.25 Inches
- Blade Width: 1.375 Inches
- Overall Length: 23.25 Inches
- Overall Weight: 1 lb. 6 oz.