Though the tanto has made its way into modern tactical knives, its origins began in the Heian period of feudal Japan. This Practical Tanto Knife is an eye catching short blade sword, ideal to be worn by an honorable samurai. This blade is forged from 1566 high carbon steel and is differentially hardened to create a traditional Japanese hamon. A hamon is a blade pattern that is typical of Japanese swordsmithing, ideal both in its aesthetic value and its durable cutting edge. This tanto features a textured white handle, giving it an authentic oriental look. Included with this tanto is a protective black scabbard. The Practical Tanto Knife is perfect for use in martial arts, personal use, or in reenactments as well.
- High carbon steel blade is functional
- Classic tanto shape is designed after swords used by samurais
- Differential hardening and tempering creates a hamon on the blade
- White handle is textured for an authentic oriental look
- Includes a protective scabbard
- Great for martial arts, reenactments, or personal use
- Overall Length: 12 Inches
- Blade Length: 7 Inches
- Handle Length: 4 Inches
- Weight: 6 oz.
There are no reviews yet.