The Pleasant Peasant Dress is based on gowns worn extensively by both peasant and free class women during the 12th and 13th centuries. It is made from a poly-cotton blend fabric that is super comfortable to wear during any season and also easy to care for. Although the cut is straight down to the waist, it flares at the bottom for freedom of movement. Its form is unfitted for comfort, so a waist girdle of the same fabric is included, adding extra style and emphasizing the waist. It is lined with white fabric and comes with black cording to cinch it up. The long bell sleeves have elastic right above the elbow that gives the impression of smocking. No matter the role of your medieval character, this comfortable dress makes an excellent addition to reenactment wardrobes.
- Based on womens historical styles
- Great for medieval and Renaissance faires
- Versatile garment suits many characters
- Loose fit is easy to wear
- Includes a waist cinching belt
- Made of a poly-cotton blend