Carried during the 1600s and 1700s, this type of short sword was also called a hanger sword. The term cutlass was not used as an exclusive term for a sailors fighting sword until the 1800s. The Officers English Cutlass was frequently used by officers as a close quarters battle weapon because of its compact dimensions. This replica cutlass has a tough, tempered high carbon steel blade and a solid brass, heart-shaped guard characteristic of the period. The naval officer sword comes with a leather scabbard with a brass throat and tip. The functional sword is hand-forged with care and attention to detail.
- High carbon steel blade is tempered
- Features solid brass guard
- Comes with a leather scabbard
- Modeled on historical naval officer swords
- A functional sword – battle ready
- Has an unsharpened blade
- Overall Length: 30.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 25.5 Inches
- Blade Width: 1.5 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.25 Inch
- Weight: 2 lbs. 8 oz.