With a long history of use, the pole axe was very popular in the lists, with the winner being decided by the number of blows fairly struck. It was also quite popular for use on the field of battle. With a good sharp point it could be used as a short spear, the back or spike could be used to pierce armor, and the axe head itself was quite lethal, this weapon proved to be an all-around threat no matter where it was encountered. This is a superb copy, with a high-carbon steel blade and langets to protect the shaft. It is, overall, a magnificent example of a polearm.
Made by Windlass.
- A multi-use weapon – 3 different weapons in one
- Langets securely attach the axe head to the shaft
- A must for any Knight or Warrior
- Overall Length: 68 Inches
- Axe Head Width: 10 Inches
- Weight: 4 lbs. 10 oz.
- Pole: 1.5 by 1.6 Inches
- Pole Length: 50.75 Inches
- Butt Cap Length: 5.2 Inches