Boarding axes were used as far back as Viking times. The Marquise Boarding Axe displays a French design called the Hache du Bord or Hache Abordage naval boarding axe, ideal in ship-to-ship combat for those that lack artillery. This naval axe replica has long fore and aft langets that secure the axe blade to the shaft. An extra langet acts as a belt or baldric hook and a protective shield for the wood against a cutlass thrust. The bit is traditionally shaped to suit the boarding needs of a sailor, and the back of the forms a sharp pick for added utility. The head of the French axe is hand-forged, and the hardwood shaft displays a black stain.
- Made with hand-forged head and hardwood shaft
- Features long langets and black stained wood
- Designed in French boarding axe style
- Made by Windlass Steelcrafts
- Made of 1065 high carbon steel
- Overall Length: 24 Inches
- Blade to Rear Spike: 10 Inches