What knight would look complete without a helmet upon their head? The 16 Gauge Knights Medieval Steel Helmet is a great option for a knight. Made from 16-gauge steel, this knights helmet has a sugarloaf design. The top point of the large helm sits further back than a typical sugarloaf. Other differences with a sugarloaf includes a shorter back with a longer, pointed front. The back also flares out at the bottom edge. This makes it fit better the shape of a human neck.
Next, the helmet has a visor. The visor secures in place with a latch on the wearers right side. It features a cross shape across the center. Then, the cross shape continues onto the main part of the helmet. Each tip of the cross has three curved points, forming a smaller cross-like shape. Across the center bar of the cross, there are two eye slots. Below the eye slots, the visor has small circular holes for ventilation. The holes form a diamond-like grid. On the inside, this helmet features a liner and a chin strap for securing onto the head. This medieval steel helmet is wonderful for historical reenactments, Renaissance faires, and more.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Features a sugarloaf design
- Unique articulated visor
- Has eye slots and ventilation holes
- Great for medieval and fantasy characters
- Wonderful for reenactments, faire, and LARP events
- Made from 16-gauge steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.