The Italian Renaissance Contessa Dress is, in one word, extravagant. This expertly crafted historic reenactment gown is fit for a lady of high status. A long organza cape, attached to the back of the collar, forms a modest train. The bodice of the dress, with boning for shape and a lace-up back for adjustability, is decorated with a multitude of ruffled taffeta forming a high collar and extending down to the skirt. At its shoulders, decorative fabric roses made from organza hint at the extended cape that trails behind. Ornately patterned brocade makes up the majority of the skirt with a center panel of matching taffeta. To get the voluminous look seen here, wear a petticoat underneath the skirt. The A-Line Petticoat (MCI-145) is sold separately. Inspired by the fashions of Italian nobility, this stunning Renaissance dress is ideal for making an unforgettable entrance at your next big reenactment event, costume ball, or Renaissance festival.
- Handmade with attention to detail
- Historic-inspired design features high, ruffled collar and bodice
- Puffed sleeves cinch at elbows before flaring out
- Attached cape features artfully folded roses at shoulders
- Boned bodice with adjustable lace-up back helps emphasize shape
- Ideal for costume balls, Renaissance faires, and other historic reenactment events
- Jewelry not included and recommended petticoat sold separately
- Made of taffeta and brocade
- Organza cape and rose details
- Dry clean recommended.