A hand and a half sword, also known as a bastard sword, is a very well known sword type from the medieval period. Now, with the Hand and a Half Broadsword, you can bring that iconic weapon into your reenactment battle or stage combat. Constructed from carbon steel, this blade is hardened and tempered for an enhanced durability. This longsword also features a fuller, which helps to lighten the blade. With a crossguard, a leather wrapped cruciform hilt, and a wheel pommel, this sword has the classic design of a bastard sword. The grip is typical of a hand and a half sword, as is the flattened diamond section blade. This sword also comes with a wooden scabbard with steel and leather mounts and carrying rings. Crafted specifically for reenactment, the Hand and a Half Broadsword is the ideal weapon for a true medieval swordsman.
- Carbon steel blade is functional for stage combat
- Blade is hardened, unsharpened, and unpointed
- Hilt has a traditional crossguard and wheel pommel
- Grip and diamond cross section are classic features
- Includes a protective scabbard
- Blade is made of 1065 high carbon steel
- Overall Length: 43.75 Inches
- Blade Length: 34 Inches
- Handle Length: 6.5 Inches
- Weight: 2 lb. 12 oz.