The elegantly simple lines of the Golden Oriole Daisho (SH1018, SH1019) have long been favored by admirers of the Japanese sword. Add the Golden Oriole Katana to your collection as a beautiful example of this style. The story told by the stunning tsuba is of a mantis stealthily stalking the cricket, unaware that he is himself being stalked by the Golden Oriole. The deeply lacquered blue of the saya is repeated in the Japanese cotton tsuka-ito, and the Oriole appears again on the kashira. Unmistakably Hanwei quality, the tsuka of the katana gives a superb balance to the sword, allowing it to move very quickly and very freely. Supplied with a protective cloth bag and traditional maintenance kit.
- Features a traditional construction
- Hand forged high-carbon steel
- Built for cutting
- Includes katana, protective cloth bag, and traditional maintenance kit
- Made by Hanwei.
- Blade Length: 27.25 Inches
- Handle Length: 13.75 Inches
- Overall Length: 42.25 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 3 oz.
- Point of Balance: 4 Inches
- Width at Guard: 1.16 Inches
- Width at Tip: 0.85 Inch
- Thickness at Guard: 0.32 Inch
- Thickness at Tip: 0.26 Inch
- Sori: 0.75 Inch
- Specs will differ slightly from piece to piece.