A high-performance sword for modern warriors and serious collectors, the German Long Sword features a design inspired by various historical examples. The functional sword is exquisitely balanced and hand-honed to a keen edge. Crafted from heat-treated and spring-tempered 1060 high carbon steel, the German sword offers a large S-guard and protective side ring as hand protection. The design is capable of binding, trapping, and winding techniques that made the German sword masters so effective. The wrapped leather grip ends in a heavy steel pommel that counterbalances the blade and serves as a weapon in its own right. The twisting spiral pommel looks stunning and provides a comfortable and secure grip even in gloved or gauntleted hands. This collectible sword comes encased in a thick-ridged, hand-stitched leather scabbard with an antiqued steel chape and brass buckled straps for wearing the blade on a belt or baldric.
- Inspired by historic German weapons
- Features large S-guard with side ring
- Has leather grip with heavy pommel
- Ideal for collectors and warriors
- Comes with leather scabbard
- Blade made of 1060 high carbon steel
- Grip is wrapped in leather
- Overall Length: 46 Inches
- Blade Length: 35.5 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 7 mm
- Handle Length: 10.5 Inches
- Weight: 54.3 oz.