You, brave soldier, stand guard ready to defend your kingdom from any attack. You wear this fantastic Wedge Riveted European Flat Ring Chainmail Coif. Wedge riveting, in association with flattened rings, became popular in the 1300s and was used until the demise of mail. This coif covers the head and neck with flat wire rings of 17 gauge mild steel. With a natural finish, the rings have a 9 millimeter diameter. They form a 4-in-1 pattern weave with alternating rows of riveted and solid rings. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. The riveted rings have wedge style riveting. The coif features a full mantle. It also has a square opening for the face. Also, it makes an awesome addition to many medieval and fantasy costumes. This Wedge Riveted European Flat Ring Chainmail Coif is great for reenactments and roleplaying events.
Wear this chainmail armour over one of our medieval arming caps and mantles for greater comfort and safety.
This item is handmade, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- 4-in-1 pattern weave
- Natural finish
- Rows of riveted and solid rings
- Square opening for the face
- Great for LARP and light reenactments
- Made from 17 gauge mild steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.