A legendary general of the feudal era, Date Masamune is still a classic figure in Japanese history. Honor that figure with the Date Masamune Katana. Made from 65Mn high carbon steel, this blade is fully functional. It features the typical curved shape found on many Japanese swords. In addition, it has a very visible temper line, also called a hamon.
Next, the hilt begins with a stylized double-sided tsuba. On one side, the tsuba depicts Masamune with his war fan. On the other side, the tsuba shows Japanese soldiers with firearms. These designs have golden accents. The hilt continues with a traditionally wrapped brown grip. The homage to Masamune continues onto the handle. Finally, the katana comes with a matching black scabbard called a saya. The saya has a brown wrapping at the top. The Date Masamune Katana is a weapon of great quality and makes a fine collectible piece. It also works well for practicing the art of the sword.
- Fully functional
- Double-sided tsuba design
- Inspired by the Japanese general
- Comes with a matching saya
- Great for practicing and collecting
- Made from 65Mn high carbon steel
- Overall Length: 40.6 Inches
- Blade Length: 27.3 Inches
- Handle Length: 12.3 Inches
- Weight: 2 Pounds 9 Ounces
- Edge HRC: 60
- Back HRC: 40
Measurements are approximate.