This item cannot be purchased and paid for using PayPal.
The gladius was the Roman weapon of choice for many years, and it excelled during its years of service. This Damascus Roman Mainz Gladius mimics the design of the classic Roman sword and enhances it with a resplendent looking damascus steel pattern. The Mainz gladius was well-known for its wasp-waisted blade, which started wide at the guard and narrowed towards the center, before swelling at the tip and tapering to a brutally effective stabbing point. The same design is present on this carbon steel blade, made in rippling damascus steel. The edges of this blade are left unsharpened, which means that it is a great sword to handle and hold, although wielders should note that it is not suited for contact sparring, sword-to-sword fighting, or even cutting drills. The hilt of this weapon is no less impressive, possessing a hardwood guard and a matching pommel, as well as a simulated ivory grip with ribbing to provide a secure and comfortable grip.
- Modeled After a Typical Mainz Style Gladius
- The Blade Possesses a Stunning Damascus Pattern
- Hilt Features a Simulated Ivory Grip with Wood Accents
- Unsharpened Blade is Crafted from Quality Steel
- Damascus steel with over 300 layers
- Hardened to a 52 Rockwell
- A Stunning Costume Weapon or Medieval Display Piece
- Blade Length: 21.25 Inches
- Overall Length: 28.25 Inches