This sword is an Oakeshott Type X with a Type I pommel and a Type VII crossguard. The long and wide fuller on this blade lightens the overall sword and makes it possible to deliver fast and shearing cuts capable of cutting through the mail and padding that were worn during the period. The long guard offers good protection from an opponents shield or blade while the classic wheel pommel brings the sword very nicely into balance. This type of sword was in service for a long period of time throughout all of Europe. This sword features full tang construction with a wood and leather wrapped grip.
Made by Windlass.
- A functional sword – battle ready
- Classic Medieval look
- Perfect for most periods
- Great for Re-enacting and Collecting
- Full length tang provides strength
- Grip is wood with leather wrapping
- Includes a scabbard
- Made of 1065 high carbon steel