Every noble knight needs some shining armour. The Churburg Breastplate, made of 19 gauge mild steel, is a fantastic option for getting a great armoured look for your next medieval live action roleplay or historic reenactment event. The polished steel surface gives it an eye-catching look, and a V-shaped strip of metal, called a stop-rib, adorns the chest. Its adjustable ductile steel flanks and adjustable leather straps help the wearer achieve a close body fit. Due to this items handcrafted nature, there may be slight variations to its appearance that do not detract from its authentic look. The edges of this armour are rolled, and it should be worn over arming wear such as a gambeson for a comfortable and safe fit.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Handmade and skillfully welded for increased durability
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Features adjustable ductile steel flanks for a close body fit
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Great for historic reenactment events and LARP use
- Made from 19 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use Leather care products for the fittings.
- Medium/Large: 38.6-42.5 Inch Chest, 30.7-35 Inch Waist, 6.5 Pounds
- X-Large/XX-Large: 47.2-54.7 Inch Chest, 40.2-46.5 Inch Waist, 7.5 Pounds
Measurements are approximate.