No knight protecting the kingdom or going on Crusade is complete without proper head gear. Wear this Butted Chainmail Coif when going into battle. This zinc plated coif covers the head and neck with round wire rings of 16 gauge high tensile steel. They have an 8 millimeter diameter. Butted together, the round rings form a 4-in-1 pattern weave. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. The coif has a full mantle. Also, it features a square opening for the face. Butted mail has limited historical precedent but is fine for general costuming and roleplaying where strict construction authenticity is not a requirement. It is not recommended for weapons-contact reenactment. This Butted Chainmail Coif is great for many historical reenactments and Renaissance faires.
This item is handmade, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Butted in a 4-in-1 pattern
- Round wire rings
- Covers the head and neck
- Square face opening
- Great for medieval reenactments
- Made from 16 gauge high tensile steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.
- Head Circumference: 24 Inches
- Ring Internal Diameter: 8 Millimeters
- Weight: 9 Pounds
Measurements are approximate.