Before daybreak, you mount your horse to ride towards the castle. With the Polished Steel Burgonet Helmet protecting your head, you are ready to go. Made from polished 19 gauge steel, this helmet comes in two sizes. It features a style worn by 16th century cavalry.
The helmet has a round skull plate with a high crest in the center. The crest runs from the front to the back. Historically, this crest would help to deflect blows. Below the crest in front, there is a visor to deflect blows and the sun without restricting the wearers vision.
The cheek plates have riveted bars. This helmet has a removable face guard that secures with a strap around the back of the head. The riveted bars help to keep the face guard from sliding backwards on the face. A series of ventilation holes run horizontally across the sides.
The face guard also features a curved upper edge to allow for visibility. A starburst design adorns the bottom corner of each side of the guard for additional detail. On the back, the helmet has a curved neck-plate to protect the back of the neck.
Finally, this helmet has a chin strap to secure it onto the head. It also has removable foam inserts, for greater padding. Riveting reinforces the front edges of the helmet. Especially great for LARP, wear the Polished Steel Burgonet Helmet with your knight costume or a variety of other ensembles.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the Complete look with our Milanese Complete Armor – Polished Steel (MCI-3626-Bundle), which includes the Burgonet Helmet – Polished Steel alongside the other pieces of this armour set.
- Historically inspired
- Neckplate in back and face guard in front
- Distinctive crest and brim
- Comes in two sizes
- Great for a variety of costumes
- Made from 19 gauge steel
- To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Small/Medium: Sizing Coming Soon
- Large/X-Large: Sizing Coming Soon
Measurements are approximate.