The typical sword of the medieval knight was the arming sword, although this Arming Broad Sword offers a subtle variation on that classic blade. As its name implies, this blade is a bit broader in width, lending it a more intimidating and powerful look and form.The broad-waisted blade is hand crafted entirely in EN45 carbon spring steel, with a wide fuller along its spine, to help reduce the blades overall weight, without decreasing its strength or durability. The sword possesses a concave guard that angles towards the blade, as well as a leather wrapped grip which offers a secure and comfortable hold. The hilt is finished with a wheel pommel, which delineates the grip and adds the perfect final touch to the swords appearance. Included with the sword is a wood scabbard that is bound in leather and fitted with steel accents as the throat and chape. Effective and hardy, this Arming Broad Sword will server well any knight who needs a sword, whether they need it for solo training, light stage combat, or just carrying, to complete their chivalrous, warrior look.
The Light Combat option is tempered and hardened with thick edges and a rounded tip, making it suitable for light use in sparring and reenactment.
- Comes as a Light Combat Model
- A Broad Variation of the Classic Arming Sword
- Features a Hand Crafted EN45 Carbon Spring Steel Blade
- Has a Concave Steel Guard and a Wheel Pommel
- Includes a Wooden, Leather Wrapped Scabbard
- A Fantastic Costume Sword, Carrying Weapon and Display Piece
- Blade Length: 26 Inches
- Blade Width (Widest Point): 2.5 Inches
- Overall Length: 32.5 Inches