Bold, broad, and powerful looking, the design of this 14th Century Medieval Sword with Scabbard was in response to plate-reinforced mail armour of the age, and its design does not leave a warrior wanting for power, functionality, or versatility. Classified as a Type XVI by Oakeshott, this sword is distinctive for its blade, which is broad at the base and then tapers to a narrow point. A unique fuller follows the acute tapering of the blade. This blade itself is dual hardened and hand forged in 5160 high carbon steel. All these features ensure that the blade is strong and fully capable of delivering a wicked cut or a mail piercing thrust. The mild steel guard is gently curved at the tips, while the wheel-style pommel is unique for its engraving, which translates as May You Show Honor, Integrity, And Compassion To Your Enemies And All Living Things. The sword features a full-length tang that runs through the wood and leather-wrapped handle and is peened to the wheel pommel. A wood scabbard, wrapped in leather that matches the grip, is included with this sword, serving to keep the blade safe and secure when not in use. No sword belt is included, letting you carry this sword on your own favorite belt or baldric. If you are looking for a classic workhorse, one that looks great and feels great, but more to the point, works great too, then you’ve found just that, as this 14th Century Medieval Sword with Scabbard brings all the power of its historical counterpart to the modern day swordsman.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Based on the design of a 14th century knight sword
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel blade is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Grip and wood scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 34.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 27.5 Inches
- Grip Length: 3.5 Inches
- Point of Balance: 5.25 Inches from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2.8 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 7 oz.