According to Ewart Oakeshott. "Records of the Medieval Sword", page 151. An identical one is shown on two early 14th century effigies in Germany. (i), of Arnold I Langraph of Cleve, + 1320 in Stiftskirche at Cleve, and (ii), of one of the hero-figures, c. 1308, in the Rathaus at Cologne. Not only are hilts of the swords on these figures exactly the same as this sword, but the size is too, more proof (if any more is needed, which it shouldn't be) that these short swords were not made for boys, or archers etc., but for knights and in this case, great nobles. The Knight Riding sword features a fuller running 2/3 the length of the blade. The cross guard and pommel are solid steel, polished and fitted onto a full tang that is peened at top of the pommel for strength and durability. This is how many of the originals were fitted. The scabbard is made from wood then wrapped in leather with a solid steel end cap.Includes Wooden Scabbard Wrapped In Leather Functional Sword Made Of High Carbon Steel Solid Steel Cross Guard And Pommel
Measurements: Blade Length: 21 Inches Blade Width: 2 Inches at Guard, 1.5 Inch at Fuller End Toward Tip Handle/Hilt Length: 7 5/8 Inches Grip Length: 5.25 Inches Overall Length: 29 Inches Balance Point: 1 7/8 Inches Below Hilt Weight: 2 lbs. 5 oz.
first to write a review.
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 1 year return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges