Like the longswords, these Bastard swords are based on the Oakeshott Type XVIIIA and are designed so that both the sharp and blunt versions will perform identically in the hand, offering the possibility of sparring and cutting with swords that feel and respond in exactly the same way. The sharp blade is produced in two slightly different versions, one diamond-sectioned throughout its length and the other almost identical but fullered for about one third of its length. The blunt has a longer, broader fuller to compensate for the added edge thickness. The tip of the blunt is sufficiently flexible to provide an adequate level of safety. Wheel-type pommels are sized to provide a grip for the second hand when required, and the straight tapering cross provides excellent hand protection.
Designed by noted sword smith Michael Tinker Pearce and manufactured by Hanwei, these bastard swords have been are made to satisfy the need of every Western Martial Arts practitioner and sword enthusiast, to have a matching set of sharp and blunt swords for cutting and safe training practice. The swords meet Tinker`s exacting quality requirements and are built in much the same way as his custom pieces. Each blade is forged from 5160 Spring Steel, Marquenched to the desired hardness of 50-53 Hrc while the tang is drawn back to the low 30s Hrc. The very end of the tang is threaded to fit an allen nut recessed into the pommel which allows for dismantling of the hilt assembly for inspection or to exchange blades if needed.
Made by Hanwei.
- 5160 Marquenched Spring Steel
- Tinker approved
- Functional Sword
- Overall Length: 42.75 Inches
- Blade Length: 33.375 Inches
- Handle Length: 9.375 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 6 oz.
first to write a review.
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 1 year return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges