The Landsknechte were a European mercenary company that consisted primarily of German individuals trained with the use of pikes. When their signature weapon was unsuitable, though, many would wield this Landsknecht Katzbalger with Scabbard as a back-up. Katzbalger is a German term whose meaning is somewhat disputed, although it is theorized that the name references the fierce hand-to-hand combat that landsknecht soldiers would often participate in. The katzbalger is a short arming sword with a broad, cutting blade, here featured with three narrow, short fullers that lighten the blades weight without compromising its strength. The blade is straight-edged with an angular point, as well as a historically classic figure-8 shaped guard. The handle is dark hardwood, while the pommel is a simple form designed to balance the blades weight. Included with the sword is a matched sheath that features black leather wrap, as well as metal plating on both the throat and chape. The sword measures approximately 34.5 inches long. Historically, the Landsknecht Katzbalger with Scabbard was the side-arm of choice for the members of the Landsknechte, ensuring that even when enemies closed, a good mercenary and soldier always had a way to dispatch the enemy and get the job done.
- A Historic Arming Sword of the Landsknechte
- Features a Versatile Blade with a Short, Triple-Fuller
- Guard is a Classic Figure-8 Shape
- Possesses a Hardwood Grip
- Includes a Leather Sheath with Metal Plate Adornments
- Overall Length: 34.5 Inches
first to write a review.
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 1 year return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges