As ferocious as they were, even the Vikings understood that having a shield could mean the difference between life and death in a battle. Thus, many would carry this Viking Kite Shield into battle, assured that this large shield would protect them. And of course, a shield of this size rarely disappointed its wielder, so long as it was used properly. Kite shields come in two distinct shapes, with one being the reverse tear-drop shape that featured by this shield. The top is rounded and the edges taper down to a distinctive point. The shields face features a central boss at the center, for both ornamentation and additional defense. The shields face also been hand painted to feature a solid-colored pattern with four spokes of color emanating from the central boss and extending out to the shields edges. The back of the shield features two leather straps, with one being longer than the other so that it might be hung over the shoulder to provide better weight distribution. This authentic Viking Kite Shield is a fantastic defense to carry into battle, providing more than enough cover to keep a warrior relatively safe. And when you are not in battle, you can display it in your home like the historically accurate piece that it is.
- A Viking-Styled Kite Shield
- Features a Central Steel Shield Boss
- Shield Face is One Solid Color with Four Colored Lines
- Back of the Shield Features Two Leather Straps
- A Great Accent to Germanic and Viking Styled Outfits
- An Absolutely Amazing Display Item or Collectors Piece
first to write a review.
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 1 year return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges