The German C. Plath sextant is regarded as the Rolls Royce of nautical sextants. The Admirals Brass Sextant is a beautiful, full-scale reproduction of this venerable item, the C. Plath micrometer drum brass sextant. Each sextant has a unique serial number stamped on the handle. There are six swing-arm filters mounted on thick brass filter mounts. The telescope has a large objective lens and produces a very bright and clear erect image. There are a pair of levers that when squeezed, pull the micrometer pinion away from the ground rack, allowing fast large angular movements of the index arm. The sextant is shipped with the mirrors correctly adjusted, and further adjustments can be made using three inset adjustment screws. The limb on the sextant is engraved Hampton Nautical. On the back of the sextant is a hardwood handle. The sextant comes with a beautiful felt-lined hardwood case which is made out of a high quality, smooth finished hardwood. The box has one clasp and a brass filling of an anchor with rope embedded in the top of the box.
- Polished Brass Body and Mechanisms
- Glass Optics Ensure Clear View
- Fully Functional Sextant (Not Intended or Recommended for Navigational Use)
- Includes Felt-Lined Rosewood Box for Storage
- Length: 12 Inches
- Width: 12 Inches
- Height: 6 Inches
first to write a review.
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 1 year return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges